The Joint Commission and other organizations require that prescriptions be verified by a pharmacist prior to dispensing or administration. However, it’s not always feasible at remote clinics or ERs to meet this requirement. PickPoint’s RDS permits dispensing from remote clinic or ER as opposed to sending the patient to a pharmacy for prescription, or delivering medication to clinic.
PickPoint’s Remote Dispensing System (RDS) improves medication security, accountability and dispensing at remote clinics or ERs:
- Pharmacists review all prescriptions prior to loading and dispensing which greatly improves patient safety
- All orders entered into pharmacy management system
- Increased efficiency of clinic stock management
- Flexible product placement that is scalable to expansion
- Perpetual inventory and tracking of all medications and ward stock (optional)
- Secure storage
- Ability to utilize “virtual” cabinets for refrigerator, bulk medications, etc.